Thursday, September 17, 2026

Sept 17 Exit Slip

The sit spot today was nice. It was definitely strange & interesting at first that we were asked to draw pictures in a math class, but the end discussion & results were very cool. I noticed that most things in nature have a lot of randomness in their mathematical properties, whereas human made structures have mostly symmetric and "nice" mathematical properties, say 90 degree angles. It would be a nice activity to do with students in the future if I have the resources, and it would also be a nice homework assignment to let students research on common math properties in real life, like why is everything 90 degrees?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about teaching & learning gardens: Entrance slip for our Sept 24 class

I think I only had one big stop while reading this article: land on university turfs are prioritized for economic value, which creates press...